Monday, November 3, 2008

#7 - A full rich weekend

I had what I like to call a full rich weekend. It started out on Friday night. I was doing a gig for a High school here in town where I video tape their football games and they pay me $75 a home game or $100 for a road game. So that was a quick $75.

On Saturday, I decided I was going to cash my expense check from work and the 2 game checks I had accumulated. After that, I decided to go to Hardee's and get a #8 (look it up). I decided to eat my lunch while talking/watching my parents finish some doors and trim for a room being remodeled. I had one of those conversations with my dad that actually went well. If you know me and my relationship with him, you would know that our conversations usually end in an argument. I love him, but we're just too much alike. So after I finished, he asked me if I wanted to help him work on his car. Again, if you know him, you would know that doesn't happen often. So I spent most of the rest of my day helping him figure out and wire his stereo system. I had a lot of fun and his car is really coming along.

That night, I got to catch up on some TV, which was nice. I'm sometimes too busy playing CoD4 with my brother to be able to watch all of my TV shows.

On Sunday, I got up and went to church. I came home and ate lunch and watched some football. Nothing spectacular happened in the afternoon. I went to church in the evening and came home and watched the Colts game. Poor game management. The only reason we won the game is because the Patriots also had poor game management (thankfully). I can't believe our fans didn't boo the defense off of the field.

This brings me to one of my favorite things about the weekend. Fantasy Football. I was watching the scores all day on Sunday. I knew I was going to win my ESPN league game halfway through the 4 o'clock games. I'm currently in 2nd place in that league, but will be in 1st on Tuesday. I'll have the same record as my brother, but I beat him early in the season so I'll take first place. My head to head Yahoo! league was a little scary at first, but I pulled the victory out. I was in 2nd place in that league too by 1 point. I had played the first place guy but we had the same record. This week I played him and beat him. In my Yahoo! points league, I came from third place, back 30 points to first place by 40 points. It was probably one of the best fantasy weeks I've had.

Well...that has been my weekend...I'd love to hear how everyone's weekend went!

No comments: