Tuesday, June 30, 2009

#19 - Find My iPhone

So, I went ahead and paid the $300+ to get the new iPhone 3G S. I was looking forward to testing out some of the new features that came with it but weren't available on my original 3G. After testing the new phone I have to say it's pretty impressive. It's probably more than twice as fast as my 3G was and switches between apps super fast.

The last thing I had left to test was the Find My iPhone feature available via a MobileMe account. So I signed up for my free 60 day trial and set up everything to start finding my iphone. Again, Apple has produced an impressive piece of software. It locates your phone and shows it to you on a map. Additionally you can send a message or wipe it. I chose to send a message to it and it sent a message instantly. Probably faster than a text message. I have found one feature that I think should probably be looked at...when you choose to play a sound with the message, it plays that sound at the volume level you have your speaker set to. So if you are like me, you turn your ringer down all the way because it's super loud, you probably won't be able to hear the sound made by the 'Find My iPhone' feature as it doesn't actually turn your speaker up.

Still, I must say, Apple has improved the OS and phone enough that I would recommend it to anyone looking for a phone (work or personal).

No comments: